Michael Puhl wedged hoof pads.
Restores the hoof-balance by enlarging the weight bearing area, eliminating increased strain on tendons, heels and soles.
Like the PM Hoof Pad Flat, it displays a tendon-supporting effect by its frog-shaped concavity – leading to a statics/balance improvement similar to the one of an closed-bar shoe (e.g. egg-bar shoe). Furthermore, it offers a much better pressure distribution on frog and sole.
The extra benefit of the PM Hoof Pad Wedge is the enlargement of the weight bearing area of the heels that results in an optimized weight and pressure distribution. For this, the pad must be applied as shown in the photo diagram. By lowering the heels, the weight-bearing area is substantially increased. The pad fits in the space of the removed heel and keeps a correct hoof-pastern axis. The left space between hoof and the PM Hoof Pad Wedge is filled with PM Hoof Packing Regular or Soft.
- Treatment and prevention of navicular syndrome
- Regeneration of under run and contracted heels
- Correction of Hoof-pastern axis is viable
- Treatment of laminitis (founder) in combination with PM Hoof Packing Soft
- Treatment of sole sensitivity in combination with PM Hoof Packing Soft
- Additional orthopedic horse shoeing possible
SOLD BY THE PAIR.